Blending old with new, downtown Blue Ridge offers visitors numerous opportunities to make memories with friends and family in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia. Begin your Blue Ridge adventure with flapjacks at a local cafe on the classic Main St. Fueled for the day, visit local landmarks that make Blue Ridge unique and attractive.
Pause to check out a few boutiques and pick up souvenirs at Huck’s General Store or walk along the Blue Ridge Historic Walking Tour. Sample some of the best wines in the Southeast with dinner at an Appalachian grill and some live music. Finally, return to your scenic cabin only minutes from town to soak tired muscles in the bubbly hot tub, enjoy mountain views, and fall asleep in your plush king suite.
Blue Ridge, Georgia, is also close to some other charming mountain towns in Georgia and Tennessee (plus Atlanta), offering you the chance to take short drives or day-long getaways before coming back to a cozy cabin. There are tons of fun outdoor adventures and activities beyond downtown, so be sure to take advantage of all the fun!
Enjoy the views of the North Georgia mountains along the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, spend a day on the Toccoa River, go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River, hike to waterfalls, visit local wineries, start your journey on the Appalachian Trail, watch a show at a community theater, explore the hiking trails in the Chattahoochee National Forest, go horseback riding or kayaking on Lake Blue Ridge, and more!
Visit Popular Landmarks
Founded in 1886, Blue Ridge is a charming mountain town with many notable landmarks and attractions. Local art, along with a variety of Appalachian crafts, plays a huge role in Blue Ridge culture. Seasonal events are a big deal and offer a variety of things to do throughout the year.
- Baugh House Museum — open to the public Tue-Sat
- Blue Ridge City Park — heart of downtown Blue Ridge
- Caboose Visitor Center — information hub for visitors
- Historic Fannin County Courthouse — The Art Center
- The Blue Ridge Depot (Scenic Railway) — train station built in 1906
Follow Historic Walking Tour
The downtown Blue Ridge Historic Walking Tour is a great way to get to know this small mountain town. Take a walk back in time while checking out historic sites and buildings that tell a century-old story. Today, many of the historic structures house art galleries, boutiques, and eateries.
West First Street
- Baugh House — built by pioneer John W. Baugh with bricks from Mineral Bluff
- Blue Ridge Inn Bed & Breakfast — restored 1890 Victorian home
West Main Street
- Formerly Mercier Orchards Downtown — originally a bank (peek inside the vault!)
- Coldwell Banker High Country Realty — built in 1895 as a bank/offices
- Historic Fannin County Courthouse — original 1930s courtroom
- The Blue Ridge Depot — 100+ years old!
- Blue Ridge City Park — WWII monument erected on Oct 21, 1937
- Blue Ridge Police Department — original 1930s Blue Ridge City Hall & Jail
East Main Street
- 801 East Main Street — former Rialto Theater
- Blue Ridge Pharmacy — founded in 1900
- The Hall Building — one of the oldest structures in Blue Ridge
- 771 East Main Street — originally a hotel/pharmacy
- 1950s Gas Station — now a pet shop
- The Gartrell Building — once a hotel in the early 1900s
- High Country Art — formerly a grocery store/pool hall
- The Tilly Building — originally an auto shop/showroom
- Mitzi’s on Main — once a clothing store during WWII
- Hansen’s Grill — 1900s hardware store/boarding house in 1930s
- Cohutta Fishing Company — formerly a NuGrape Soda bottling plant downstairs
Find loads of Blue Ridge Mountain souvenirs and one-of-a-kind gifts at the many shops in downtown Blue Ridge. Whether you’re up for antiquing, want to find quality outdoor gear, or just want to window shop, Blue Ridge shopping has it all! Browse home decor, clothing, jewelry, arts, crafts, toys, and more!
Wine & Dine
Sample wines from all over North Georgia in downtown Blue Ridge. Restaurants offer local dishes with craft brews from the surrounding area. In fact, there are 3 craft breweries you can visit in town! And let’s not forget the bootlegging history of Blue Ridge; try local white lightning while you’re in town.
Stay Near Downtown Blue Ridge
Rest, relax, and recharge only minutes from downtown Blue Ridge with Georgia Cabins for YOU. Our Blue Ridge, GA, vacation rentals feature entertaining amenities, great views, and the conveniences of home to keep you, family, and friends comfortable throughout your stay.
Unwind in the steamy hot tub, sip coffee in a rocker with mountain or river views, roast marshmallows around the firepit, and play yard games. Inside your cabin rental, cook in the full kitchen, hang out in the game room, host movie nights on the big screen TV, and mix cocktails at the wet bar. To further relax, read by the fireplace, take spa baths in the indoor jetted tub, and dream sweetly in your king suite.
You can also tap into the free Wi-Fi to stay connected, reuse towels with the washer/dryer, and toss veggie burgers onto the gas grill. Georgia Cabins for YOU has your Applachian vacation covered! Book online or over the phone at 1.800.580.5524.
Downtown Blue Ridge is bustling with something for everyone — plan YOUR memorable mountain escape today!