Nestled in the North Georgia Mountains, the family-friendly Coosawattee River Resort features loads of outdoor fun for all ages — the perfect addition to YOUR romantic retreat, family vacation, weekend with friends, or group getaway! At 5,500 acres, this amenity-packed resort in Ellijay, GA, offers 4 parks, a stocked fishing pond, a fireplace space for private events, 2 swimming pools, a recreation center, tennis courts, a conference center, an RV park, campgrounds, and Coosawattee River Resort rentals.
Not to mention, you’ll be surrounded by gorgeous views of relaxing nature. Flowing for 12 miles through this Ellijay resort is the Coosawattee River, and planned development starts where the Cartecay River and Ellijay River meet. Forest land covers 8,500 acres and boasts wildlife, such as foxes, deer, turkey, hawks, and eagles. And the Coosawatte River Resort is even home to Carters Lake, where you can fish for trout.
Within 4 areas of the Coosawattee River Resort — Beaver Bend, Beaver Forest, Beaver Lake, and Eagle Mountain — there are outdoor adventures for everyone! Plan your stay in the Blue Ridge Mountains near downtown Ellijay and enjoy the many amenities within this upscale resort.
Coosawattee River Resort Parks
Tucked away in Coosawattee River Resort are 4 river parks with picnic areas, river views, fishing spots, playgrounds, firepits, pavilions, and tent sites. They are wonderful additions to your North Georgia vacation with family and friends.
- Canoe Park — an inviting park right on the river with picnic tables, fishing spots, and a take-out point for the Coosawattee River Tubing Company
- East Park — a camper’s paradise with 29 tent sites, picnic spots, a large pavilion, a playground, a basketball court, and views of the river
- Fish Trap Park — a large adventure area with a swinging bridge, a Native American fish weir, a playground, 26 tent sites, 6 RV sites, a big pavilion, picnic spots with grills, and firepits
- North Park — a quaint park to fish and camp along the river with 7 tent sites, picnic tables, fire rings, a small pavilion, and a bathhouse
For a peaceful experience in the great outdoors, we recommend visiting Beaver Lake within the Coosawattee River Resort. This well-stocked, catch-and-release fishing pond is serene and welcoming to anglers ready to cast a line (no fishing license required for cabin guests).
It’s also a lovely spot to sit on a boulder, eat a picnic lunch, and watch the water ripples, a flock of geese, and adorable ducks.
Take a break from the great outdoors and head inside for a spell at the Fireplace Room. This rentable space within Coosawatee River Resort is great for private parties or group meetings. To reserve your slot, call the Reservations Office at 706.640.4038.
Outdoor Swimming Pools
Wahoo! Splashing at a swimming pool in the summertime is always a blast. Within this Ellijay, GA, resort, you’ll have 2 outdoor options: a family pool and a serene pool. And don’t forget the heated indoor pool at the rec center!
- Riverside Pool is the largest swimming pool at Coosawattee River Resort, and it even features a kiddy pool for the little ones. It’s a great pool area for families. There are also picnic tables, and it’s just across the suspension bridge from Fish Trap Park.
- Foxhound Pool is an ideal option for those looking to relax, sunbathe, and swim in peace. There’s a changing area and a restroom for added convenience. And you can enjoy a picnic and spend time with loved ones under the pavilion.
CRR Recreation Center
Swim year-round in the heated Junior Olympic-size pool that’s 8 feet on the deep end and shallow on the other side at the Coosawatee River Resort Recreation Center. There’s also a heated kiddy pool, a fitness center, a game room, satellite TV, and Wi-Fi inside. Outside, play mini-golf on an 18-hole course, shoot basketball hoops, dominate on the pickleball court, whack tennis balls, and plan a birthday at the pavilion.
Water Tower Conference Center
In Coosawattee River Resort, the Water Tower Conference Center offers a dedicated space to plan major events, like weddings, receptions, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, and baby showers. As an old dining establishment, the center seats 200 and features gorgeous mountain views!
Eagle Mountain is home to the main RV Park that’s open all year and features 15 sites with water, electric, and sewer hookups. This river resort in Ellijay allows RVs, fifth-wheels, and trailers at the RV Park. And there’s a bathhouse for added convenience.
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location | Main Office
634 Beaver Lake Drive
Ellijay, GA 30540
Coosawattee River Resort
Cabin Rentals in Coosawattee River Resort
Before enjoying the parks, pools, picnic spots, centers, and breathtaking views of the Coosawattee River, Lake Chatuge, and surrounding forest, book your cabin rental in Coosawattee River Resort. At Georgia Cabins for YOU, we have a nice selection of resort cabins available for anyone who wants to enjoy the great outdoors within the community.
Along with fun resort amenities — available with amenity cards purchased at the main office upon your arrival — you’ll have in-cabin amenities to enjoy at your vacation rental! Psst…there are FREE resort amenities, including the catch-and-release pond, 4 parks, picnic areas, and playgrounds.
Book YOUR Ellijay, GA, cabin in Coosawattee River Resort, and make memories together within the community!