What should I bring to the North Georgia Mountains? What should I pack for a cabin stay in Blue Ridge, GA? What should I pack for a day hike in the Chattahoochee National Forest?
Planning a trip to North Georgia means altering your vacation packing list. Depending on the season and the goals for your trip, you may find a few surprising additions to your North Georgia packing list. At Georgia Cabins for YOU, our cabin rentals in Blue Ridge, Ellijay, and Big Canoe, GA, already provide most of what you need (minus personal items) to enjoy a stay in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Nevertheless, we’ve crafted a cabin packing list filled with recommendations to make the most of your cabin getaway in North Georgia. Plus, we dive into outdoor essentials to consider packing as well, whether you’re planning to shop downtown, trek hiking trails to waterfalls in the national forest, or kayak on Lake Blue Ridge.
Our Georgia cabins are ready for YOUR North Georgia vacation — packed with amenities and cabin essentials to get your vacation started (more on what’s provided at the end). Combined with our recommendations on what to pack when staying in a cabin, you’ll be all set to make lasting memories with friends and family! To begin, check out our handy cabin trip checklist that features everything from toiletries to fun things to bring to a cabin.
- Comfy outfits (T-shirts, tanks, tops, shorts, pants, joggers, leggings, etc.)
- House slippers
- Swimsuits (for the hot tub, river, or community pool!)
- Laundry bag
- Toilet paper
- Facial tissue
- Personal products (toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, hairbrush, comb, shampoo, conditioner, hairdryer, hair styling tools, deodorant, lotions, razors, nail clippers, makeup, feminine products, etc.)
- Ingredients — try the weekly farmers market!
- Coffee/tea essentials (filters, grinder, single cups, etc.)
- Specialty cooking items (crockpots, extra-large pots, etc.)
- Corkscrew/bottle opener
- Grill items (propane/charcoal, lighter, etc.)
- Marshmallow roasting sticks (for firepit/grill)
- Paper plates, bowls, cups, utensils, and napkins (if you don’t want to clean up)
- Tupperware/Ziploc bags
- Paper towels
- Dishwasher tablets
- Gaming consoles — just don’t unplug or rework anything that is already plugged in, please!
- Chargers for everything!
- Spare batteries
- Power bank + adapters
- Board games (some cabins will provide)
- Blu-rays/DVDs (check for DVD/Blu-ray player before you pack)
- Special pillows/blankets (standard bed linens & pillows are provided)
- Laundry detergent
- Fabric softener
- Dryer sheets
- First aid kit
Exploring the Chattahoochee National Forest, hiking in the Aska Adventure Area, ziplining at Blue Ridge Adventure Park, kayaking, whitewater rafting, and horseback riding are just a few of the many outdoor activities in North Georgia. Plus, there’s shopping downtown, wine tasting at local vineyards, and seasonal outdoor events. When packing, just remember to check the Blue Ridge weather forecast and plan accordingly for outdoor adventures for spring, summer, fall, or winter in the Appalachian Mountains.
- Layers (sweaters, jackets, button-ups, scarves, gloves, etc. to accommodate fluctuating temperatures and elevations)
- Hiking shoes / closed-toe shoes
- Water shoes
- Raincoat / rain jacket
- Golf clubs
- Fishing gear (tackle box, fishing poles, etc.)
- Insurance cards
- Over-the-counter painkillers
- Battery bank
- Hiking poles
- Small backpack/daypack
- Reusable water bottles
- Sunscreen / other sun protection
- Lip balm
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof bags — for electronics on the go!
- Hand sanitizer
- Travel journal
What if I forget to pack something? Don’t worry! Blue Ridge, Georgia, has everything you need downtown, from clothing and bath products to fresh ingredients and outdoor rental equipment.
What’s Provided at YOUR Cabin Rental
Knowing what’s provided at your Blue Ridge, GA, cabin rental is helpful in planning your North Georgia packing list. Our cabins have fully equipped kitchens, fun amenities, and additional homey conveniences to make your stay effortless in the North Georgia Mountains.
Kitchen + Grill
Kitchens feature major and minor appliances — including a refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, and a coffeemaker/Keurig. You’ll have pots and pans, cooking utensils, dishware, cutlery, mugs, glasses, and more to use throughout your stay. Many cabins also have a gas or charcoal grill!
Georgia Cabins for YOU provides a starter kit so you can head straight to your cabin and start relaxing ASAP. Our starter kits include a few coffee essentials, dish soap, a garbage bag, a roll of paper towels, toilet paper, a sponge, and a dishwasher tablet. Remember it’s just to get you started so you may still need to pick up a few things.
Many cabins have a washer and dryer, too so you can reuse provided towels and keep up with personal laundry. You just need to bring any products to use the appliances.
Each cabin is different, but every cabin features amenities to entertain and relax — including mountain views, hot tubs, fireplaces, movie theaters, game rooms (with pool, foosball, arcade games, etc.), firepits, community pools, wet bars, free Wi-Fi, and king suites!
Want more travel tips? Haven’t booked yet? Reach out anytime at 1.800.580.5524! You can also book online in minutes.